The first time I ever cast into a river was the River Roding and tonight I went back!

This forum belongs to the River Roding.
Newtocane
Stickleback

Re: The first time I ever cast into a river was the River Roding and tonight I went back!

Post by Newtocane » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:49 pm

I too once fished the Roding regularly, though a bit further downstream at patch Park just outside Abridge, the last fish I caught from there were Tench on floatfished bredflake! I also used to fish the tidal stretch in Barking when I was at primary school, once caught an eel and a friend caught a small skeleton, either a cat or rabbit, can't recall which. It was a wonderful little river, too far away for a dedicated visit, but perhaps if work takes me back that way.......

Tengisgol
Eel

Re: The first time I ever cast into a river was the River Roding and tonight I went back!

Post by Tengisgol » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:04 am

I still haven't been back and fished that spot but I have kept the little crow's quill. It has been 'annus horrbilis' this year, in terms of matters preventing me from fishing, but I am determined that 2017 will be better.

Thank you for your memories NTC; you've one over me there - I don't recall ever catching a Roding tench though I knew there were one or two about in the slower stretches.

All the best.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Return to “River Roding”