S.E Cooke Duracast

The Other Reels forum.
Keston
Crucian Carp

Re: S.E Cooke Duracast

Post by Keston » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:35 pm

I just took delivery of a Duracast, I needed a little Gudgeon reel and this looked the part .ImageImageImage

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:10 pm

I missed out on the true centrepin version of that reel only last week on eBay. They weigh absolutely nothing...wouldn't upset the balance of any rod.

Mr.SE Cooke owned the Basingstoke Canal once...got into trouble for not keeping it navigable...I don't think boating was in the forefront in his mind when he bought it...... ;-)

Rod
Grayling

Post by Rod » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:34 pm

Your dead right there Nobby, I can remember back when, you could walk for miles along the Basingstoke canal, just to find a hole in the weed to fish through. I had some lovely Perch out of there, when I could find somewhere to put my worm :Chuckle: I will say now it's a different matter, the waters clear of weed, but the footpath is clogged with cyclists, the ones with pretty coloured Lycra, and no respect for fishing tackle, the boaters on the whole are pretty good, and the walkers usually very appreciative of vintage tackle, well, the older ones that is. There are some very nice fish in there, all the usual's, but including Chub :Confused: so if you go early or late in the day, it's a few hours good sport, for the price of a cheap day ticket, the last time I went it was £1.50 :Thumb:
Rod :Hat:
An old man, who's only pleasure left in life, is sitting by some water, fiddling with his maggots?

LuckyLuca
Sea Trout

Post by LuckyLuca » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:04 pm

Nice little thing you have there Keaton. Perfect little gudgeon reel. Good that you got the standard capacity one. The ex/cap hat a tiny drum indeed.
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Keston
Crucian Carp

Post by Keston » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:21 pm

It's amazingly light at only 88 grms. Only thing is I'm not quite sure how much oil is meant to go down the wick, any thoughts ?

Return to “Other Reels”